- Posted by:
- Posted on:
The Razer Nari is a competitively-priced cordless headset with extraordinary convenience, a durable feature set, a good microphone that’s heavy on the sound cancellation, as well as a sound signature, build, and layout that won’t be to everybody’s preferences. Its THX Spatial Audio functions well enough to more than take on Microsoft’s Windows Sonic and Dolby Atmos. The Important strips out a great deal of stuff to reduce the price point. The drivers are 40mm, the USB dongle is much bigger and does not hide in the ear mug, a wired connection is eliminated, the ear cups do not rotate flat, the microphone just turns up instead of pulling back, and RGB illumination is removed.
THX Spatial Audio is Razer’s new spatial audio software for Windows, and also it’s offered specifically on the Razer Nari as well as Razer Kraken Event Edition. A few years back, Razer bought THX out of under the Lucas/Disney merger, and I have actually been excitedly waiting for whatever the sound designers there would provide for the gaming brand.
Like Atmos and also Windows Sonic, THX Spatial Audio is a 3D virtual surround system that sustains both horizontal and also upright directional audio, attempting to simulate a 360-degree ball of audio around your head. Unlike those other two systems, THX really obviously feels developed around movie blending, to me. It functions well for video games, but it’s got a scattered high quality to it that’s like the sensation of being in a movie theater.
Razer Nari Features
- THX Spatial Audio for Full Immersion: Simulates sound in a 360° sphere to provide positional information from gunfire and enemy footsteps
- On-Headset Audio Controls: Volume adjustment wheel and mic mute button directly on the headset for convenience
- 16-Hour Battery Life for Continuous Use: Allows for extended wireless media consumption (charges via micro USB 2.0 cable)
- Noise Cancelling Microphone for Clear In-Game Chat: The outward-flipping microphone extends when needed and collapses when it’s not, all while blocking out background noise
- 2.4GHz Wireless Connection for Lag-Free Performance: Supports a range of up to 40 ft / 12 m
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Includes 16.8 million color combinations